Data and Information Protection We Collect or You Provide Us
Personal information is collected when the user provides it knowingly through registration or a contact form, from third parties and referrals, and passively through technology such as cookies. Personal information includes personal data, contact information, company and business information, and interpersonal information.
- "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network ("Account").
- When you order Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Also, please note that the website may contain links to third Party web sites. These third party websites may send their own cookies to collect data and solicit personal information. Therefore, we cannot guarantee your privacy when visiting such third party sites, nor the accuracy or acceptability of any services provided by such third parties.
When users submit sensitive information via the Website (such as credit card numbers or social security numbers), that information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software.
Uses of Your Information
We use the personal information that we receive to operate the website and produce the event as well as in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
We do not rent, sell, or share your personal information with any other entity, except when:
- We have your permission; or
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; or when we must exercise our legal rights, protect our property, defend against legal claims, or otherwise comply with the law, or
- When you order tickets to the event and other items on line at this web site, your order is processed in collaboration with Authorize.net, a separate company which will not share or sell any user's information.
- Summit Series may at times contact you at your email address to keep you informed about local events, announcements, and other related opportunities. Should you not want to receive such information, you will find details about how to opt out the first time you are contacted.
- In the unlikely event that Summit Series is acquired or transferred, or changes entity status through any type of transaction (including an asset sale, merger or bankruptcy), the personal information will be among the transferred assets.
- We reserve the right to remove a user from either the Collective without notice at our discretion if there are reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of the restrictions above.
- Your personal data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- You can change your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Our Limits on Liability Events, During Use of the Site, other Summit Services
The Company should disclaim liability arising out of use of the Sites, attendance at an event, or any Summit affiliated activity. In no event will we or our officers, employees, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data, lost real estate opportunities, or business interruptions or other intangible losses (even if such parties were advised of, knew of or should have known of the possibility of such damages, and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy), arising out of or related to your use of or access to, or the inability to use or to access, the site or the services (including your attendance at one of our events), regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), warranty, statute or otherwise. We will not be liable for any damages arising from the transactions between you and any third party merchants or service providers or for any information appearing on third party merchant or service provider sites or any other site linked to our site.
Without limiting the foregoing, We do not accept any liability for damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from Your use of the Website and We cannot guarantee that any files that You download are free from viruses, contamination or destructive features. Whilst We use all reasonable endeavors to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to Our attention, We do not warrant that the information on the Website itself will be free from errors or omissions.We do not warrant that the Website will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.
Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond our control. All content and services on the Website are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not make any representation or give any warranty, and hereby disclaim all express or implied warranties, in respect of the Website or its content, including, without limitation, any advice given (on a personal or general basis) and statements made by advertisers on or via the Website, including without limitation the implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability, data accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose and quiet enjoyment. Any decisions or action taken by You on the basis of information provided on or via the website are at Your sole discretion and risk and You should obtain individual professional advice where necessary.
Summit Community & Website
- You may not sell, trade, or transfer a membership account to another person, nor accept or use an account that was not originally yours. If an account violates these conditions, the account will be terminated immediately.
- Your participation is based upon the assumption that all information you provide regarding yourself is truthful and accurate. Misleading or false information is sufficient reason for us to terminate your account.
- We provide a platform and environment for networking and sharing information. If members enter into agreements with other members, we are not a contracting party to these agreements and cannot be held liable or accountable regarding these agreements.
- You represent that you have the proper authorization to submit all content that you submit to the Site or through the Services. You will be entirely responsible for each individual item of content that you post on the Site, and, as between you and us, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in the content you post. You agree to grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, modify, make, have made, sell, offer for sale, import and otherwise exploit the content in all media now known and later developed, and to allow others to do the same.
- We reserve the right to remove any content posted by you or other members at our sole discretion, for reasons including but not limited to that it is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or because it may infringe or violate any party's intellectual property or privacy.
- While we do our best to monitor the content of the website, you understand and agree that you may encounter material with which you disagree or find objectionable, and that you use the website with this understanding and acceptance, and do not hold Summit Series liable.
- We do not endorse, support, or ensure the accuracy, truthfulness, or reliability of any content posted in the website, forum or elsewhere, nor do we endorse opinions expressed in the forum or elsewhere.
- Use of the Summit Series name and/or logo for any purpose, event or promotion without our written express consent is prohibited and may result in the termination of user's Collective account and access to future events.
- We want to keep Summit free from intrusions. You will not send or distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, chain letters, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other type of solicitation to other members, nor will you stalk, harass or unreasonably disturb any other member. This action is grounds to suspend or terminate, at our discretion, a member's account. Please see Addendum A. for a complete list of grounds for termination.
- You alone are responsible for the confidentiality and security of your account, username, password and usage. You are also accountable for all activities regarding your account, with or without your knowledge or permission. If you knowingly provide your log-in information to another person, your membership may be suspended temporarily or terminated. Summit Series assumes no liability for activities of your account accessed through your password and username. You may not use the Collective for any illegal purpose in any country or jurisdiction. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
- You cannot post content or initiate any communications that we consider libelous, scandalous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable.
- It is not permitted to make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon the patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights of third parties, whether personal, corporate or governmental.
Use of the Website or Forums and Public Communication Related to the Website
You must not:
- defame, abuse, harass, harm or threaten others;
- make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements;
- advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law;
- post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images;
- advertise or sell to or solicit others, excessively;
- use the website or Forum for commercial purposes of any kind;
- post or distribute any software or other materials that contain a virus or other harmful component
- post material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any chat room or bulletin board.
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the services or features of the website.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content displayed by, or transmitted over, the website.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- use the website to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the website or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the website.
- gain, or attempt to gain, unauthorized access to the website, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this website, by means such as hacking, password mining, decompiling or reverse engineering to access source code, or other illicit means.
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the website.
- gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the website.
- All participants, including invitees' guests, must be approved by Summit Series through advance registration and wear official wristbands designating proper registration.
- We reserve the right to remove attendees who do not comply with the proper registration, security procedures or requirements of attendee conduct outlined below at any point during an event without a refund. Summit Series reserves the right to remove anyone who disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the event.
- No person may impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Aiding in gaining an unauthorized person access to the event is grounds for removal.
- You must not defame, abuse, harass, harm or threaten others, make any bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive statements.
- You may not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- You may not post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law or post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous, or indecent language or images.
- You may not advertise or sell to or solicit others excessively.
- You may not hand out, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
Confidentiality at Events, During Use of the Site, other Summit Services // Unauthorized uses of Intellectual Property
Online, social networking or other media reference to, or posting photographs of, the event, participants, activities must be limited to the Summit Series endorsed scheduled presentations and activities, or online activity. If We deems a post, article, photo or video inappropriate, the offender is required to take down the material within 12 hours. This is grounds for dismissal from an event, the Collective and future involvement in Summit Series.
We retain the rights to all staff photography and video footage during the event.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the web pages or materials on the event other than for Your own personal use. Subject to the above, You may download insubstantial excerpts of this content to Your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
Any use other than that permitted under this clause may only be undertaken with Our prior express authorization.
Changes to the Terms and Agreements
We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time. All such changes will take effect once they have been posted in the Collective and You will be deemed to have accepted any such changes by Your use of the Collective after such time.